Hardest Working Sport/Utility
The Sportsman 850 delivers hardest working, smoothest riding performance for the ultimate sport/utility experience. With a high-output 78 HP engine, rider active design to give you superior sightlines and a better ride, and the legendary Sportsman quality you expect, you'll have everything you need to take on the trails or get more done around your home and property.
78 HP of Purpose-Built Power
The powerful engine and reliable performance you need to rip through the trails or get more done around your home and property.
- High-output 78 HP ProStar 850 Twin EFI engine with single overhead cam.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) to keep you moving in any weather.
- True On-Demand All Wheel Drive to give you the traction you need, when you need it.
Industry’s Only Rolled Independent Rear Suspension
With legendary Sportsman suspension and handling, you’ll be prepared to navigate the tightest corners and biggest obstacles with full comfort and control
- Legendary Rolled Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) to keep you planted on all four tires in tight turns.
- 11.5" of obstacle-dominating ground clearance.
- Sport performance chassis to maximize usable ground clearance.
- Sport-inspired Rider Active Design for 30% better sightlines.
- NEW! Improved Engine Braking System (EBS) to keep your speed decelerations smooth and consistent.
Get to Work with Massive Payload & Towing
The Sportsman 850 delivers massive payload and towing capacity to tackle the biggest jobs and get more done in fewer trips.
- Massive 1,500 lbs. of towing capacity.
- 575 lbs. payload capacity.
- Steel reinforced utility rack system with 360 lb. capacity.
- Over 8 gallons of integrated front & rear storage.
- Integrated winch and plow mount system for easy installation.
Durable. Reliable. Built to Last.
When you’re working on your property or out on the trail, you can’t afford down time. The Sportsman 850 is durable, reliable, and built to last.
- NEW! Strong ductile steel pinion cover for a more durable front differential.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) for reliable cold start
- Steel framed Lock & Ride
Vehicle:2019 Polaris Sportsman 850
Engine:850cc, 4-Stroke, 2 cylinders SOHC, 8 valve, Parallel Twin
Location:Sloans Motorcycle ATV, Murfreesboro, TN, 37129
Warranty:Manufacturer's w/ Extended Available
Bore (in): 3.43
Bore (mm): 87
Carburetion Brand: Mikuni
Carburetion Type: Fuel Injected
Compression Ratio: 11
Displacement (cc): 850
Displacement (ci): 51.9
Engine Brand Name: ProStar™
Engine Stroke: 4-Stroke
Engine Type: Parallel Twin
Fuel Injector Size (mm): 42
Fuel Injector: Yes
Fuel Requirements: Regular
Fuel Type: Gas
Horsepower (bhp): 78
Horsepower (kW): 58.2
Stroke (in): 2.81
Stroke (mm): 71.5
Valve Configuration: SOHC
Valves Per Cylinder: 4
Front Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Hi / Low Range: Yes
Primary Drive (Engine / Transmission): Belt
Primary Drive (Front Wheel): Shaft
Primary Drive (Rear Wheel): Shaft
Transmission Brand: Polaris Variable Transmission (PVT)
Transmission Type: Continuously Variable (CVT)
Differential Lock Location: Rear
Driveline Brand: On-Demand™
Driveline Type: Selectable 4X2 / 4X4
Limited Slip Differential Location: Rear
Number Of Driveline Modes: 2
Bash Plate (Front): Yes
Body Material: Composite
Floor Board Location: Driver
Number Of Seats: 1
Seat Height (in): 37
Seat Height (mm): 940
Seat Location: Driver
Seat Material: Vinyl
Seat Type: One-Piece
Steering Control: Handlebar
Steering Type: Manual
Capacity (kgs): 110
Capacity (kgs): 55
Capacity (lbs): 120
Capacity (lbs): 240
Number Of Cupholders: 1
Rack Rails Location: Rear
TOWING & HAULING
Rear Hitch Type: Receiver
Size (cm): 3.2
Size (in): 1.25
WHEELS & TIRES
1Prices shown are not final and do not include sales tax, finance charges, vehicle registration fees, or any other fees required by law. Prices may be subject to changing incentives. If applicable, incentives may require a trade-in, financing, or other specific qualifications and restrictions. Reasonable efforts are made to keep information on this website accurate, but Dealer and/or its affiliates do not assume responsibility for omissions or for misprints or other errors displayed on this website. EPA mileage estimates are for newly manufactured vehicles only, so actual mileage will depend on how the vehicle is driven and maintained.